- Amaan Shaikh has been presented with the Volkswagen Group’s Best Apprentice Award 2021 for his outstanding achievements and is among the 50 best apprentices in the Group worldwide
- Around 19,000 young men and women throughout the world get trained at the Volkswagen Academy every year in about 24 vocations and dual courses of study
- Paves the way for these up-and-coming professionals for a comprehensive development path in the automotive manufacturing sector.
Pune, 08 December 2021: 19-year-old Mechatronics Technician Amaan Shaikh from Pune, Maharashtra bagged top
honours for India at the 21st edition of the Volkswagen Group’s Best Apprentice Award 2021. With this achievement,
Amaan joined the ranks of up-and-coming professionals, who completed their vocational training last year and are among the 50 best apprentices in the Group worldwide.
Every year, the Volkswagen Group presents the Best Apprentice Award to the 50 most talented apprentices, honouring their outstanding professional competence and performance. Keeping up with its annual tradition, the Volkswagen Group presented the ‘Best Apprentice Award’ to 50 trainees from 19 countries, globally. This year, Amaan Shaikh impressed the panel with his skills and competencies in Work planning, Machining, PLC & robotic programming, Installation & commissioning, Troubleshooting of Mechatronics systems.
Sarma Chillara, Group Head of HR and Administration ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited said, “It gives me great pride to witness our apprentice Amaan Shaikh win Volkswagen Group’s coveted Best Apprentice Award 2021. I congratulate Amaan and his batchmates from the graduating batch for their excellent performance and for upskilling their technical capabilities especially on future-oriented technologies in this Dual Vocational training program of the Volkswagen Academy.”
The Mechatronics 2021 program is part of ŠAVW’s global initiative based on the unique training methodology using advanced technology to upskill and re-skill talent. The program gave apprentices an opportunity for global exposure in economies including Germany, China, and Brazil.
Receiving the Best Apprentice Award 2021, Amaan Shaikh said, “I am delighted on being recognized as the Best Apprentice from India for 2021. I would like to thank ŠAVWIPL for giving me this transformational opportunity through the Mechatronics program. I am confident that these learnings and skills will play an important role in my career progression and I am also hoping that I can make a meaningful contribution to the future of mobility.”
Hailing from Thane, A Trainee-Machine Shop, Amaan has received training in Metal working, Electrical & Electronics, Industrial Automation, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Robotics, Welding, Auto CAD & CATIA, CNC, and 3D printing. He has learned competencies across Work planning, Machining, PLC & robotic programming, Installation & commissioning, Troubleshooting of Mechatronics systems
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL has been formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing ŠAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
- Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in