- Audi India delivers 2947 new cars in the first nine months compared to 2291 units in the same period last year
- 29% growth achieved despite severe supply and availability challenges
- Audi Approved: plus has grown by 73% year-to-date (YTD)
- New launches including the new Audi A8 and Audi Q7 continue to receive strong demand
- Recently launched Audi Q3 receives positive response – deliveries to begin end of the year
- Strong order bank for the product range in H2 2022
Mumbai, October 07, 2022: Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, today announced it has retailed 2947 units in the January – September 2022 period. The launch of the new Audi A8 and Audi Q7 coupled with continued demand for the Audi e-tron range, Audi A4, Audi A6, Audi Q5 and the RS performance range have led to positive growth. In addition, Audi Approved: plus (pre-owned car business) has grown by 73% in the first nine months of 2022.
Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “Our performance in the first nine months has laid the foundation for a positive performance in the remainder of the year. Robust growth, despite the semiconductor shortage and global supply-chain issues reiterates the customers’ enthusiasm around the brand and our wide product portfolio. With the upcoming festive season, we are expecting good growth on the back of sustained demand.”
Audi India continues the expansion of its pre-owned car business, Audi Approved: plus in India. Currently operating with eighteen Audi Approved: plus showrooms across all major hubs in the country, Audi India is expanding rapidly and will have twenty-two pre-owned car facilities by the end of 2022. Audi Approved: plus (the pre-owned car business) has grown by 73% in the first nine months of 2022.
Taking forward the electrification strategy, Audi India has successfully installed 100+ chargers across 60+ cities in India – this includes all Audi India dealerships, workshop facilities and select SAVWIPL Group brand dealerships located across strategic highways in the country.
Audi India Press Communications
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/