Department: Components Region India
Grade: Manager / Sr. Manager
Qualification: Diploma / B.E.
Experience: 6 yrs/ 4 yrs
Reporting to: Shift Leader Engine Cylinder Head Line- Machine Shop
Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for fulfillment of Production Program with defined KPI of Production, Quality, and safety.
- Ensure Product, Process, and Quality through effective communication.
- Ensure adherence to the standard worksheet by using tools like continuous improvement, productivity improvement, cost reduction, problem-solving, etc. in accordance with the interests & goals of SAVWIPL Group.
- Knowledge of Cyl.Head Machining, Tooling, and Tool Life management required for Cyl.Head Machining.
- Knowledge of Problem Solving Tools 8D, Quality tools,
- QMS (ISO 9001), VDA 6.3, EMS, TPM, etc.
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office Tools, Communication Skills.
- Skill to correct different Quality issues coming for Cyl. Head and take appropriate counters measures.
- Team Work, Ability to learn new things.
- Engine Product Audit Process and Audit Score Interpretation.
- IC Engine Knowledge and Cyl.Head Subassembly knowledge.
- Handling Gauges and basics of Measurement.
- Tool wear out identification and tool changing, Machining and Cutting process, CNC Programming.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Achieve Shift Production Targets with defined Quality parameters.
- Fulfillment of Productivity targets through productivity improvement.
- Checking and validation of process and product requirement as per defined standard formats and check sheet.
- Implement shop floor management as per Skoda-VW Production System.
- Responsible for 5S and TPM activities of Cyl.HeadLine.
- Identify & implement multiskilling areas of Team Leaders & Team Members.
- Continual improvement by implementing problem-solving tools, KAIZEN & poka-yoke.
- Achieve cost targets through measures & control part rejection on the production line.
- To give on the job training to team members for skill development.
- Monitor breakdowns, material shortage11. Share information in the Team Board meeting.
- Follow disciplinary guidelines as per Company Policy and inform to Shift Leader in case of indiscipline issue.
- Implement & sustain VDA 6.3 Process Audit requirement as per defined target.
- Implement & sustenance safety measures, e.g. usage of PPE, work safety process.
- To control and reduce rejection, tooling, and PPE consumption cost per engine.
- Give suggestions for Productivity, Quality, and Safety improvement.
- Online and Offline rework of Cyl. Block by following rework guidelines.
- Define & implement measures for Defects observed at all Quality Gates.
- Implementation of QMS ISO 9001; ISO 14001 (EMS), ISO 50001 (EnMS).
- Participate in 3P, KVP Cascade, and KVP Problem-solving workshops.
- Responsible for Quarterly Inventory tagging and part counting.
- Ensure disposal of Process consumables e.g. Coolant, Lubricants, Cotton waste- As per EMS standards.
- Rejection part handling and Backup Tool strategy.