- As CFO of SAVWIPL, Nalin Jain will be responsible for the financial steering of the future growth path of the Volkswagen Group in India
- He succeeds Martin Mahlke, who will take over another assignment at VW Group globally
- Nalin Jain was most recently the Vice President – Business Transformation & Analytics at Mahindra and Mahindra (Automotive Sector)
- This is his second stint with the VW Group in India
Mladá Boleslav / Pune, 14 July, 2022 – Nalin Jain has been named as the Executive Director – Finance and IT of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL). He succeeds Martin Mahlke who successfully steered the financial strategy for the Group’s crucial INDIA 2.0 project over the last three years.
In his role as CFO, Nalin Jain will be responsible for steering the future growth of Volkswagen Group in India within and beyond the INDIA 2.0 program. SAVWIPL oversees the India operations of five brands which include ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
Christian Schenk, Board Member – Finance and IT, ŠKODA AUTO, and Chairman of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited said, “I would like to thank Martin Mahlke for his exceptional contribution as the CFO of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited. He played a significant role in managing the company’s cost and cash proficiently during our successful implementation of INDIA 2.0, especially amidst the challenging years of the pandemic. As he takes on new responsibilities in VW Group, I wish him all the best in his future endeavours. At the same time, I would like to welcome Nalin Jain back into the Group in a new role as the Executive Director – Finance and IT of SAVWIPL. Backed by his experience in the Indian automotive market at both VW-Group and other leading automotive players, I’m sure he will carve out a robust growth path for the Group brands along with the Indian Management team with Piyush Arora at the helm. I am glad to see him back in our team and I wish him the very best.”
Piyush Arora, Managing Director, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited, said, “2022 has been an exceptional year for our Group as demand for SAVWIPL cars is on a constant rise, despite the challenges the industry is facing. It gives me immense pleasure to welcome Nalin Jain, who is joining the Group at such a dynamic time. Now that all four INDIA 2.0 project cars have been launched and well received, it’s time to carefully hone the investment strategies and financial controlling further. It is a demanding task, but Jain is an established financial expert with international experience in the automotive industry. I am sure he will pave the path to achieve our long-term efficiency goal and make SAVWIPL’s IT future ready. I look forward to working with him to achieve the Group’s strategic goals in India.”
Nalin Jain will be taking over as the Executive Director – Finance and IT of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited from 8 August, 2022. This is his second stint at VW Group’s Indian operations. He has spent five successful years with the Group (from 2010 to 2015), starting as the Head of Financial Controlling and later as the CFO and Director of Finance.
After completing his Masters from SUNY Buffalo, Nalin began his career with Indian auto major Mahindra and Mahindra and later moved to FIAT. In 2010 after completing his MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management he worked for VW Group in India, and Volvo Auto India and went ahead to become the Managing Director (Member of Board) of Volvo Cars Malaysia.
More recently, he served as the Vice President – Business Transformation & Analytics at Mahindra and Mahindra (Automotive Sector). Overall, Nalin Jain has a work experience of about 27 years and has extensive knowledge and understanding of the Indian automobile industry.
|Sarmad Kadiri |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
|Anand Mahesh |
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/