- Piyush Arora succeeds Gurpratap Boparai as Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) as of 1 March 2022
- Thomas Schäfer, CEO of ŠKODA AUTO: “I’m delighted that we have found a highly experienced professional to lead the Volkswagen Group’s India business.”
- As Managing Director of SAVWIPL, Piyush Arora will be responsible for five top brands from Volkswagen Group’s Portfolio in India: ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini
Mladá Boleslav, 18 January 2022 – Piyush Arora is the new Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited as of 1 March. He succeeds Gurpratap Boparai. In this role, the experienced automotive professional will be responsible for expanding the Volkswagen Group’s business in India, including the recent INDIA 2.0 project of the brands Volkswagen and ŠKODA. SAVWIPL oversees the India operations of five Volkswagen Group brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
Thomas Schäfer, CEO of ŠKODA AUTO, said, “I would like to thank Gurpratap Boparai for his outstanding performance as Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited. I wish him all the best for the future. At the same time,
I would like to extend a warm welcome to Piyush Arora. I am delighted that we have found a highly experienced professional to lead the India business. His task will be to advance and sustainably expand the Volkswagen Group’s business in India. I am convinced that he will succeed in this endeavour and wish him every success.”
The year 2022 will see important events for all Volkswagen Group brands. Volkswagen and ŠKODA will finalize the rollout of the INDIA 2.0 project with the ŠKODA SLAVIA and the Notchback from Volkswagen, including commencing exports of the INDIA 2.0 vehicles across the globe.
Christian Cahn von Seelen, Chairman, SAVWIPL, said, “It is my pleasure to welcome Piyush Arora into the India
leadership team. 2021 has been a year of growth for SAVWIPL. Despite the challenges posed by the pandemic and the global chip shortage, we recorded a 76% growth across our five brands. I am confident that Piyush Arora’s proven leadership will help us further build on this strong momentum and continue on a sustainable growth path in 2022 and the years ahead.”
Piyush Arora will be the new Managing Director of ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited from 1 March 2022. He has been working in the automotive industry for more than 30 years and has extensive knowledge of the Indian market. After studying mechanical engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur and obtaining an International Business Diploma from Symbiosis International University in Pune, Piyush Arora began his career at the Indian car manufacturer Tata Motors. He later joined Mercedes-Benz India, where he held several senior positions including the Supervisory Board positions at Mercedes-Benz Indonesia and Mercedes-Benz Vietnam, while overseeing their operations. Most recently, he oversaw the Operations business for Mercedes-Benz India as its Executive Director and Head of Operations.
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
- Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
+91 7030956630 / +91 9769212078