Mumbai : With the delivery of 474 sports cars in 2021, Porsche India recorded its best sales performance since 2014, marking a 62 per cent increase over 2020. Supported by the best retail result in the organization’s operational history in the second half of 2021, this outcome translates into the fact that on average one new Porsche SUV was sold for every day of the year.
In line with the record deliveries, Porsche India’s order bank grew by 165 per cent, confirming 2021 as the brand’s best ever order intake.
Manolito Vujicic, Brand Director for Porsche India, says the demand for the brand’s luxury model range was high, with solid interest across all regions that looks likely to flow into 2022: “Following a challenging first half of the year due to the impact of the pandemic on people’s lives and businesses, the retail performance from July to December established a new record for us. A total of 301 cars were delivered to new and established customers during the final six months, endorsing a positive outlook leading into 2022 on the back of future-oriented facility investment plans by our associates. Additionally, we look forward to welcoming two new partners to Porsche India with the arrival of Bangalore and Chennai to the retail network in the coming months.”
The Macan luxury compact SUV continued to win over customers with 187 units delivered, representing 39 per cent of the volume and the model’s highest ever annual sales in the country. While the brand’s other SUV, the Cayenne, followed suit as the second most sold Porsche model in India, the range of two-door sports cars enjoyed a growing demand with a healthy 17 per cent combined share.
Manolito Vujicic says: “Our customers and stakeholders have again shown their faith in Porsche and on behalf of my team I wish to thank them for their loyalty and continued support. We have big plans for the year ahead, not only with regards to the dealer network but also in the area of Marketing and After Sales to complement our growing range of models.”
Porsche India is looking at a strong start for the year, thanks to a strong order bank and the further expansion of the product range which has just seen the arrival of the first 718 Boxster and Cayman GTS 4.0 models. Following their reveal during the organization’s largest customer event series to date, customer deliveries of the new Macan have started, while first units of the all-new and fully electric Taycan are due to arrive in the coming weeks. In addition, the brand is looking to further diversify its offering in the coming months with the launch of the all-new GTS versions of the fully electric Taycan, the latest 911 GT3, the Platinum Edition models of the latest Cayenne as well as the 718 Cayman GT4 RS.
To complement the investment being placed by its partners, Porsche India will move the After Sales divisions towards full digitization with an integrated Data Management Solution during the course of the year for smoother and more efficient service operations. Customers can also expect to enjoy more interactive events such as exclusive drive days to engage with the community of sports car aficionados.
The Macan represented 39 per cent of Porsche India’s overall new car deliveries in 2021.
In 2021, one new Porsche SUV was sold for every day of the year.
The brand’s first all-electric model, the Taycan, was revealed end of last year during Porsche India’s biggest customer event series to date.
The range of two-door sports cars enjoyed a growing demand with a healthy 17 per cent combined share.
|Sarmad Kadiri |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE
+91 81303 53334
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/