Mumbai. Porsche India recorded a 118 per cent sales growth for the first half of 2022 compared to last year with 378 new car deliveries. Overcoming continual challenges that impact the automotive industry worldwide, Porsche India delivered more cars between January to June this year than the individual full year figures from 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The arrival of Porsche’s all-electric Taycan and a strong desire for SUVs carried the momentum through the first half of the year with 167 Cayenne and 125 Macan accounting for 77 per cent of all sales, followed by the Taycan with 37 units. Porsche’s iconic 911 Coupé recorded 27 units and the family-sized limousine Panamera accounted for 19 sales.
Manolito Vujicic, Brand Director, Porsche India said the figures are an encouraging sign that the industry is recovering with demand for high-end sports cars returning to pre-pandemic levels: “July marks 10 years of Porsche India serving this region and there’s no better way to acknowledge this than with our best ever half year sales performance for the first half of 2022.
“With the continued push towards electrification, we are heartened to see strong demand for the Taycan from day one, making it our third best-seller so far this year. Our customers and stakeholders have been outstanding and continue to be the backbone that lets Porsche India thrive. We strongly believe that success breeds success and building on our 2021 performance which was our best full year since 2014 and our strong 2022 first half, we are delighted to welcome two new retail partners to the Porsche India network which will be announced in the coming months.” Earlier this year, KUN Premium Cars Pvt. Ltd has been appointed as the dealer partner in Chennai and VST Supercars Pvt. Ltd. as the dealer partner in Bengaluru.
Porsche India records 118 percent increase in new car deliveries in the first half over the same period in 2021
Deliveries of the all-electric Taycan began in the first half of the year
Porsche’s SUV models Cayenne and Macan continue their success and remain the most sold models with 77 percent contribution
Manolito Vujicic, Brand Director, is delighted to announce the best ever half year sales result for Porsche India
|Sarmad Kadiri |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
+91 81303 53334
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/