- 15,00,000 units produced across three brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen and Audi
- Production milestone achieved collectively across SAVWIPL’s two manufacturing facilities in Pune and Aurangabad, India
Pune/Mumbai, 31st March, 2022: ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL), which manages the Indian operations of five Volkswagen Group brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini, has marked an important milestone in its India journey with the production of 15,00,000 units till date from its manufacturing facilities in Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad, India. This milestone has been accomplished with the production of ŠKODA KUSHAQ.
Mr. Piyush Arora, Managing Director, SAVWIPL said, “Today we have 1.5 million reasons to be proud of our employees’ performance. Without them, the great result of SAVWIPL would be unimaginable. The production milestone is a significant achievement and a testament to the success of our products in the domestic as well as export market. It also highlights the seamless collaboration between our global and Indian teams, who have been instrumental in putting the engineering and manufacturing expertise of India on the global map. We are proud that cars engineered at our state of the art manufacturing facilities in India are also driven by the world.”
Mr. Christian Cahn von Seelen, Executive Director – Sales & Marketing, SAVWIPL added: “With over two decades of providing world-class products for the Indian market, the Group’s brands have nurtured strong relationships with the Indian automotive customer, and our production facilities have played a key role in its growth journey. This remarkable milestone has been possible with the strong support of our employees, dealers, and channel partners who have contributed to achieving the Group’s ‘Make in India’ vision under the INDIA 2.0 journey”, said.
The SAVWIPL facility in Pune currently produces ŠKODA KUSHAQ, ŠKODA SLAVIA, Volkswagen Taigun, Volkswagen Virtus, Volkswagen Polo and Volkswagen Vento. The Aurangabad facility produces premium and luxury models from the Group’s brands ŠKODA, Volkswagen and Audi. The milestone vehicle ŠKODA KUSHAQ marked the beginning of a new era for ŠKODA AUTO in India in June 2021. The SUV is the first production vehicle of the INDIA 2.0 project – and the first ŠKODA to be developed and manufactured in and for India.
SAVWIPL has been growing from strength to strength in India. The growth comes despite the challenges posed by the pandemic and chip shortages across the industry.
The company also marked another important milestone in its INDIA 2.0 journey with the commencement of exports of the Made in India Volkswagen T-Cross in February 2022. The Group has exported over 545,700 cars until December 2021.
|Urmimala Ghosh |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
|Anand Mahesh |
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/