- Volkswagen Group brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini, jointly showcase remarkable growth in the period of January to June 2022
- The wide portfolio of models across brands attracts new customers to the Group
- The INDIA 2.0 project cars drive significant volumes for the Group
Mumbai/Pune, 06 July, 2022: ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL), which manages the Indian operations of the five Volkswagen Group brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini, clocked its highest-ever H1 sales in India with 52,698 units sold in the period of January to June 2022. Through the first six months of 2022, SAVWIPL’s sales were up 200% percent year-on-year. The Group launched 10 models during this period and plans to continue ramping up its product portfolio in the year ahead.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Piyush Arora, Managing Director, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited said, “With our robust half-yearly sales, we are scripting a new success story in India. Our strong brand portfolio is performing exceptionally well across market segments, with our INDIA 2.0 cars driving significant volumes for the Group. The growth in sales is supported by other important markers as well. We achieved 100% growth in production and 35% growth in exports during this period. While we are confident of maintaining this momentum, we continue to grapple with the challenges caused by the geopolitical instability, and continued semiconductor shortage which are upsetting supply chain.”
Mr. Christian Cahn von Seelen, Executive Director – Sales & Marketing, SAVWIPL said, “In the last six months, we successfully introduced 10 models across our brands, covering a spectrum of segments. Right from the ŠKODA SLAVIA and the Volkswagen Virtus which have managed to revitalize the mid-sized sedan segment, to the ŠKODA KODIAQ Face Lift and KUSHAQ Monte Carlo, our products are attracting new customers into the Group. While, our high-end offerings like the new Audi Q7, Lamborghini Aventador Ultimae Roadster and Huracan Evo Fluo Capsule, Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition, 718 GTS 4.0 and 718 Cayman GT4 RS, have spiced up our luxury car portfolio. The growing demand for Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini models has helped us retain a significant share of the Indian luxury and performance car market.”
The sales volumes for ŠKODA and Volkswagen have been robust, with ŠKODA recording its highest ever sales in the month of June ’22 in India. While, Volkswagen recently delivered 150 Virtus sedans in a single day, earning a place in the India Book of Records. With its new INDIA 2.0 products the company intends to penetrate deep into important market clusters covering both metro and non-metro centers. The company plans to ramp up its customer touchpoints across the country to over 450 by the end of this year.
SAVWIPL commenced the export of the Made in India Volkswagen T-Cross, the first of the range of vehicles built on the MQB-A0-IN platform in February this year. The Group also celebrated an important milestone in its India journey in March 2022 with the production of 15,00,000 units from its manufacturing facilities in Chakan, Pune, and Shendra, Aurangabad, India.
|Sarmad Kadiri |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
|Anand Mahesh |
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/