- Exclusive preview for customers: An opportunity for prospective customers to come and experience the Volkswagen Taigun before the market launch in India
- Scheduled in eight key markets in the first phase: Bengaluru to host the first exclusive preview of the Taigun on 21st & 22nd August, followed by Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chandigarh on the weekends
- Pre-Bookings open for the Taigun: Volkswagen India recently announced prebookings open for the Taigun across India via authorized Volkswagen dealerships or the online booking platform
- The Volkswagen Taigun is the brand’s first product under the India 2.0 Project. A mid-size SUVW built on the MQB A0 IN platform with a robust presence, striking exteriors, premium interiors, digital cockpit, safety and infotainment features
- The Taigun will be powered by the Volkswagen globally renowned TSI engine technology and will be available in a 1.5L engine mated to a 7-speed DSG and 6- speed manual transmission and a 1.0L engine mated to a 6-speed automatic and manual transmission
- New brand design implementation has been activated across Volkswagen dealerships in India. As on date, over 40 dealerships adorn with pride the new brand language and logo that represent a vibrant, modern, humane and contemporary Volkswagen
Mumbai – Enabling customers to experience the Taigun, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India kick-starts its exclusive previews across eight key cities in India in the first phase. The first preview begins in Bengaluru on 21st & 22nd August 2021, followed by Chennai, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chandigarh over weekends. The Volkswagen Taigun is the brands’ much-awaited SUVW that will be launched right at the heart of the festive season in the month of September.
During the course of the multi-city preview, prospective customers can experience the Volkswagen Taigun firsthand along with the brands’ recently activated 360-degree visualizer. The 360-degree visualizer enables customers to view the features of the Taigun at the comfort of their homes via digitally connected devices like mobile phones, tablets, laptops or desktops. In addition, customers can also seek information on the accessories that will be available on the Taigun. Giving them the opportunity beforehand to understand how well the Taigun can suit their lifestyle requirements.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “The Taigun is a bold, dynamic and German engineered SUVW that perfectly matches the requirements of an Indian customer. Through the multi-city exclusive preview, we aim to give our customers an opportunity to experience the Volkswagen Taigun along with our new brand design language and digitalized solutions that enhance accessibility and convenience for the customer.”
Volkswagen India has been relentlessly working towards enhancing its value proposition and customer experience. The brand over the last couple of months has been strengthening its network presence along with the implementation of its new brand design and logo across its dealerships in India. The new design language represents the brands’ vibrant, modern, innovative, digitalized and humane outlook. Customers can witness this across 40 dealerships in India currently, while the remaining are under development.
To further enhance customer experience, Volkswagen has invested in the development of digitalized initiatives that increase accessibility towards the brand. Under its Sarvottam 2.0 program, the brand has identified over 40 solutions along the customer journey that would simplify processes, through digitalization and people development, offering an improved customer connect basis evolving preferences. Some of the solutions under the program include – 360-degree visualizer, Test drive scheduler, Service Cam, WhatsApp for business, Paperless documentation, Car Health Report and a lot more.
All of the above initiatives will further amplify the experience of owning a Volkswagen Taigun. The carline boasts of a charismatic design language with striking exteriors, premium interiors including a digital cockpit, and 40+ inbuilt safety features. The Taigun retains the brands’ core DNA of superior built quality, safety and a fun-to-drive experience. It is powered by Volkswagen globally renowned TSI technology and will be available with two engine options: 1.5L TSI mated to 7-speed DSG and 6-speed manual gearbox and 1.0L TSI engine mated to a 6-speed automatic and manual gearbox.
Keeping in mind the current COVID-19 guidelines across the eight key cities, Volkswagen India is taking all the necessary precautions for the safety of its customers and employees. Customers interested in attending the exclusive previews, need to register themselves at Volkswagen Taigun Exclusive Preview and select their preferred city and timeslot. Customers are requested to adhere to their preferred timeslot in order to maintain the local guidelines.
Taigun Exclusive Preview Schedule:
- 21 – 22 Aug. 2021 – Bengaluru
- 28 – 29 Aug. 2021 – Chennai
- 04 – 05 Sept. 2021 – Coimbatore
- 11 – 12 Sept. 2021 – Hyderabad, Mumbai
- 18 – 19 Sept. 2021 – Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad