- Most-awarded SUVW, the Volkswagen Taigun completes one phenomenal year in the premium mid-size SUV segment in India
- The Taigun First Anniversary Edition is available for customers in three vibrant colours that would add to their Bold & Dynamic personality; A brand new colour ‘Rising Blue’ along with the Curcuma Yellow and Wild Cherry Red
- The First Anniversary Edition will be available across the 152 Volkswagen touchpoints in India
Mumbai: Volkswagen Passenger Cars India is proud to announce its successful ‘One Year’ of the Taigun with the introduction of the First Anniversary Edition. Within a year of its introduction, the Taigun has quickly risen the ranks to be the most awarded SUVW of 2021 – 2022. Through the journey, the Taigun received an overwhelming response with over 40,000 customer orders. Despite the ongoing supply side challenges, the Brand has successfully delivered over 22,000 Volkswagen Taigun from these customer orders.
To commemorate its one year in India, Volkswagen is introducing a celebratory First Anniversary Edition. The Bold, Dynamic and German-engineered Taigun special edition is offered on the Dynamic Line, Topline variant available on the 1.0 TSI MT & AT. It adorns a sportier look by flaunting it’s “1st” anniversary badging across the exterior and interior of the Taigun. In addition, the Taigun First Anniversary Edition comprises of 11 specially developed elements including high lux fog lamps, body-colored door garnish, black C-pillar graphics, black roof foil, door-edge protector, black ORVM caps, window visors along with aluminum pedals.
Celebrating the milestone, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “The Taigun has had an extremely fulfilling journey in India as well as reaching the global stage by being the Top 3 finalists at the World Car of the Year. We have been extremely overwhelmed with the feedback, appreciation and acceptance the SUVW has received from our customers. The carline truly embodies the core DNA of the Volkswagen brand with a superior build quality, safety and fun-to-drive experience.
With the introduction of this celebratory First Anniversary Edition offering, we would like to thank our valued customers who have been instrumental in making Taigun one of the most admired SUVW in India and resonated the #HustleModeOn personality of the Taigun.”
The First Anniversary Taigun Edition is available in a vibrant new colour ‘Rising Blue’ along with Curcuma Yellow and Wild Cherry Red.
The Taigun comes with a full range of 40+ safety features such as Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), up to 6 airbags, multi-collision brakes, reverse camera, ISOFIX, tyre pressure deflation warning system. In addition, it is equipped with 3 adjustable headrests at the rear along with 3-point seat belts that keep the occupants secure.
Powered by the globally acclaimed TSI technology, the Volkswagen Taigun is available in two engine options – 1.0L TSI engine with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission option that delivers peak power of 115PS (85 kW) ranging from 5000 to 5500 rpm and peak torque of 178 Nm@1750-4500 rpm. Whereas the 1.5L TSI EVO engine is equipped with a 6-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG transmission option, delivering peak power of 150PS (110 kW) from 5000 to 6000 rpm range and peak torque of 250Nm@1600-3500 rpm. The 1.5L TSI EVO engine also comes equipped with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) and engine idle start/stop technology.
The fuel efficiency offered on the Volkswagen Taigun are (ARAI certified):
Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | 6-speed Manual – 19.20 km/L
Dynamic Line (1.0L TSI) | 6-speed Automatic – 17.23 km/L
Performance Line (1.5L TSI) | 6-speed Manual – 18.47 km/L
Performance Line (1.5L TSI) | 7-speed DSG – 17.88 km/L
The First Year Anniversary Limited Edition Taigun is available at all our showrooms across the country. For more information, customers can visit the nearest showroom or the Volkswagen India website.
|Sarmad Kadiri |
Group Communications, SAVWIPL
+91 88793 00107
+91 22 3313 7369
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents the passenger vehicle brands of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL was formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the Indian operations of five brands – ŠKODA AUTO, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini.
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- SAVWIPL’s division, ŠKODA AUTO DigiLab India is one of the 4 agile business innovation hubs for ŠKODA AUTO globally joining those based in Prague, Tel Aviv and Beijing. The division functions as a start-up collaborator in the IT industry, allowing SAVWIPL to sustainably strengthen its expertise in both innovation and digital development.
Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/